VIKING WOLF – Review, Release Date, Story, Wiki | Official Review

Norway's VIKING WOLF is a brand-new werewolf horror film on Netflix (org. title: Vikingulven). This time, the tale finds its werewolf beginning a thousand years ago, as suggested by the title. The curse was brought to Scandinavia by Vikings who were out hunting and pillaging when they discovered a creature like a wolf, and it has been there ever since.

In terms of practical effects, there are parts that evoke the classic An American Werewolf in London in a really respectful way. But you should also be ready for CGI, which performs well in certain sequences but poorly in others.

Read the review of the film Viking Wolf below. Netflix will have the movie starting on February 3, 2023.

Bloody as you would anticipate

It does become quite bloody, as with any werewolf movie. And quickly. The 17-year-old Thale just relocated to the little village of Nybo from Oslo, the capital of Norway. They relocated when Thale's father died away and her mother (along with her younger sister and a loving new husband) received a new position with the neighbourhood police.

Thale goes to a party in the woods next to a lake soon after arriving. A female student is brutally murdered during the party. Thale observes as the girl is dragged into the woods by an unknown force. Some kind of animal, maybe a wolf? Yes, Thale too encountered the wolf while attempting to assist the girl.

All of this has the feel of a vintage werewolf film, and in many ways, it is. The narrative doesn't exactly fit the title, which seems like a B movie from the 1980s or 1990s. This is a more sombre and serious attitude rather than kitsch or fun.

Using CGI and physical techniques to create a werewolf

Using real effects has shown to be the most effective for me when it comes to the werewolf business. Naturally, this is because Viking Wolf has a similar vibe to An American Werewolf in London. But don't anticipate any of that movie's charm or oddities. Yes, CGI is utilised as well, although not nearly as often as I first thought.

Even more intriguing is the whole Viking style, which makes perfect sense considering the plot is set in Norway. The only time the novel's genuine Viking elements are employed is in the opening scene to establish the setting; otherwise, the present-day plot could have suffered.

The way individuals behave and respond to situations around them is one thing I did not like. Even hunters who are actively hunting suddenly lose their ability to respond, and this bothers me. As are the naive bullies in high school who act almost indifferently about a classmate being killed. They are actively harassing Thale in an awkward manner.

Viking Wolf's conclusion

Yes, I must bring up the finale of the Netflix series Viking Wolf since I believe many people won't like it. I briefly believed that the film would conclude in a daring manner. And it does, but in a different form that I predict many people will detest.

People anticipate a certain progression and resolution in a rather traditional horror subgenre film.

While I don't want to imply that I didn't like the Viking Wolf conclusion, I am certain that not everyone would. People get annoyed if responses aren't particularly definitive, and I can understand that. However, leaving things unfinished leaves opportunity for a sequel, so maybe Viking Wolf 2 is in the works?

Watch Viking Wolf right now on Netflix!

Stig Svendsen is the director of the Norwegian werewolf film Viking Wolf (Vikingulven). He directed the American horror film Elevator before (2012). Additionally, he co-wrote the script with Troll's screenwriter Espen Aukan (2022).

There are several well-known Scandinavian actors in the cast. Liv Mjönes, a steadfastly compelling Swedish actor (Midsommar, Kyss Mig), Elli Rhiannon Müller Osborne (Furia), Vidar Magnussen (Post Mortem), Kasper Antonsen (Netflix's Ragnarok), and Arthur Hakalahti are among the others (Skam).

This is a movie that you must see if you like werewolf stories. Although it's not my favourite werewolf film, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. I could have done without the stereotypically foolish people who destroy the story's darker tone, and it does seem a little bit too lengthy. Other than that, it's a decent horror film to watch at home on a Friday night!

On Netflix starting on February 3, 2023, is Viking Wolf.

Director's name: Stig Svendsen

Authors: Stig Svendsen and Espen Aukan

Liv Mjönes, Elli Rhiannon Müller Osborne, Arthur Hakalahti, Sjur Vatne Brean, and Marius Lien are among the cast members.

Summary

A girl has unusual visions and bizarre urges after witnessing a macabre murder at a party in her new town.

Post a Comment

0 Comments